Welcome to the wonderful world of exclusively pumping!
This journey is for no sissy and your breast pump needs to be able to keep up the pace as well!
So let’s take a deep and extensive look at the best breast pump for exclusive pumping. After all, your pump will pretty much become your new breast friend or your boss – depending on how you look at it!
- Portable and Electric Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- Manual Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- Hospital Grade Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- How to get a Free Breast Pump Through Insurance
- Extra Resources for Exclusive Pumpers
How to Determine the Best Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
Like I said, being an exclusive pumper is no task for the light hearted.
You mama, have a hard road ahead of you, but you’re in the right place for support, resources and pumping tips to help you get through it like a b.a.!
Your breast pump is also on this journey with you and there is no doubt it will be working hard as well!
Which is why the breast pump you use for exclusively pumping needs to be chosen wisely.
The best breast pump for exclusively pumping will be a pump that is solidly made, gentle, efficient, quiet and comfortable.
In like manner, one breast pump may not be one size fits all when talking about pumping around the clock.
Take a look below to see how investing in a few different pumps for different scenarios may be necessary. Later, we will discuss which breast pumps are your best exclusive pumping options.
A Pump for Every Exclusive Pumping Scenario
As an exclusive pumper, be prepared to own not one, or two, but potentially several breast pumps as needed for different scenarios.
In my opinion, the pump you invest in for your portable and mobile pumping should be of highest priority.
After all, being tethered to a wall all day will quickly drive you crazy and potentially be a huge reason why you may fail to meet your exclusive pumping goals.
Having the option to pump in public, in your car or just freely around the house will help you maintain a life while still being an exclusive pumper.
The breast pump I recommend for this purpose is the BabyBuddha. I love this pump for exclusive pumping in general, but it is the best portable pump you can buy!
This pump was made for pumping on-the-go, it even comes with a ribbon to attach around your neck. It will quickly become your favorite exclusive pumping accessory!
If you want to try the BabyBuddha, here is an exclusive discount code for 10% off this pump that will save you almost $20.00!
Best Accessories for the BabyBuddha
To fully benefit from the freedom this breast pump offers, I want to recommend pairing it with a hands-free and concealable pumping kit.
Adding Freemie Collection Cups to complete this portable pumping kit will make it the ultimate mobile pumping experience. Not only will you be totally cordless, but this kit will make pumping completely discreet as well.
Second Best Portable and Electric Breast Pump Option
In the interest of those who are on a tight budget and cannot currently afford my first portable pump recommendation, I’ll also include a less expensive option.
The Pumpables Genie Plus is also a small and compact and portable breast pump that would accommodate your mobile exclusive pumping needs.
I myself have not used this particular breast pump, but I am a member of their closed Facebook group which is very active with pumping mamas sharing tips and support with each other.
If you do decide to purchase this breast pump, I can happily offer you a 10% off discount code.
Spare Parts and Accessories for the Pumpables Genie Plus
The Genie Plus is well equipped with a store front of spare parts. Such as, universal breastshield sets, backflow protectors and any other parts you could ever need to keep your Genie up and running efficiently.
Why you need a portable and electric breast pump for exclusive pumping
- It provides the ultimate hands-free pumping freedom while extracting the most milk possible.
- You can double-pump hands-free anywhere and at anytime.
- The right mobile pumping kit paired with an electric portable pump can be so discreet no one will know you are pumping!
A manual breast pump will also be a crucial addition to your exclusive pumping arsenal. Manual breast pumps are extremely versatile and efficient.
They require no charge, are simple to assemble and can be taken anywhere.
The best manual breast pump for exclusively pumping is the Medela Harmony.
I love this manual breast pump because it feels comfortable to use and it’s easy to clean. The suction is great and this manual pump even has two vacuum control options.
Why You Need A Manual Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- Freedom and the ultimate portability. Toss it into your breast pump bag or purse and not another thought is needed!
- Gets out clogged milk ducts because you can angle it toward the clog and use the other hand to massage. When using a manual pump for clog removal, apply deep, slow and controlled squeezes of the handle to extract the blockage.
- Becomes a great back-up pump to leave at work or in the car. They are inexpensive enough to have more than one.
You are now down to the last pump(s) you must invest in to maintain an exclusive pumping schedule.
I shouldn’t say must because I do know of EP mamas who don’t regularly (or at all) use their hospital grade double electric breast pump.
However, there are just too many reasons why it’s an exclusively pumping essential.
First, these breast pumps are designed for heavy use and are very powerful. Their motors are strong and efficient, which make them great for prolonged pumping.
A good hospital grade breast pump should last you years if it’s well maintained.
Let’s look at three hospital grade breast pump I believe are the best for exclusive pumping.
The Spectra S1 is my number 1 pick for best breast pump for exclusive pumping and here’s why.
- The Spectra S1 is a single/double rechargeable hospital grade breast pump. The ability to take this pump off of the wall socket makes it extremely versatile.
- It’s gentle, but still strong and efficient. Moms who use this breast pump are always happy to announce how much it has saved their breast and nipple tissue. This characteristic makes it wonderful for EP mamas who are pumping numerous times per day.
- It’s closed system means that no cleaning of the tubing needs to happen and breast milk will not encounter any bacteria between expressed milk and pump tubing.
P.S. I should also mention that the Spectra S2 is also a fantastic breast pump for exclusive pumping. It is however, not rechargeable like the S1, but it is pink and costa a little bit less as well!
The Medela Pisa was my first breast pump and it served me well for half of my exclusive pumping career. I chose this pump as my second favorite breast pump option for exclusively pumping and here’s why.
- The Medela Pisa (pump in style advance) was made for heavy duty pumping. This company knows how to make breast pumps and it’s obvious. This pump is very easy to use, no user experience needed to operate.
- The strongest pull and it gets the milk out FAST. However, beware if you’re a sensitive mama, this pump doesn’t not hold back! Start on a very low setting and work your way up.
- Easy to find replacement parts on Amazon.
You have all of my breast pump recommendations for exclusive pumping. Now, I just need to guide you toward getting your free breast pump from insurance!
Click here to be taken to the right place, it takes two minutes or less to apply.
Once you apply with Aeroflow and are approved for a free hospital grade breast pump, there may be some options you have that weren’t mentioned in this article.
However, I have a separate post about the best breast pumps of 2019 you should also take a look at.
This post is as comprehensive and thorough as one can get in helping you skip the research and review hunting. I did it all for you!
Another tip about your free breast pump with insurance, you may also be eligible for free pumping supplies as well! For instance, I was sent as many Kiinde Twist breast milk storage bags and extra pumping kit supplies for my Medela Pisa.
As far as examining the best breast pump for exclusive pumping, we are done, but I don’t want to send you off without offering you some extra resources that could be very helpful with your exclusive pumping journey.
Such as, an online course or two created for new-to-pumping mamas. If you like to learn online at your own pace, a course is a great place to begin learning more about pumping and breast milk.
These courses are full of important to know pumping techniques that can help save your milk supply and your breastfeeding goals!
The two pumping courses I highly recommend:
- The Pumping Pro Course by Love Our Littles $19
- The Ultimate Exclusive Pumping Class by Milkology $19
The Pumping Pro Course was created by me as a detailed introduction to breast pumping for moms who want the ability to provide their babies with breast milk no matter what their unique breastfeeding journey looks like.
The Ultimate Exclusive Pumping Class is your ultimate guide to exclusive pumping. Milkology once again, leads the way to help teach moms online to become more confident in their abilities to provide breast milk for their babies.
P.S. If you choose to enroll in The Ultimate Exclusive Pumping Class by Milkology, I’ll also send you my pumping pro course for free, BOGO! Here are the details.
Wrapping it Up
As shown above, the best breast pump for exclusive pumping in my opinion is the Spectra S1. However, one breast pump may not serve all of your EP needs.
I recommend investing in at least three different breast pumps as an exclusive pumper. Which would be, a portable and electric pump, a manual pump and a hospital grade breast pump.
These three different breast pumps should provide you with everything you need to have a successful and even happy experience being and EP mama.
Welcome to the club!