This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no added cost to you.
There are many Christmas craft projects you can do with your baby during the holidays, but today, you’re here to see how to make a darling footprint reindeer with your baby’s sweet little foot.
This keepsake craft is super easy to create and could also be a treasured gift for grandparents!
Ready to get started?
- Canvas of choice – we used wooden hanging plaques.
- Craft paints – red, white, black, green, brown and gold.
- Brushes – sponge brush, thin detailing brush, paint pens and permanent black markers.
Step by Step: Turning Baby’s Footprint Into A Christmas Reindeer
Paint your baby’s sweet, little foot and try to do this quickly! Your little squirmer is likely to make a bit of a mess, so do this footprint craft project in a mess-approved zone.
Wrangle your baby’s wriggly foot and carefully press it onto your canvas. Try your best to keep it from sliding all over so it comes out as a distinct and recognizable footprint.
This footprint is going to be the reindeer head. You will now use your artistic skills to add the antlers and handwriting to personalize this DIY baby Christmas footprint craft.
Adding the Details
To make this adorable little foot print transform into a Christmas reindeer, you will need to pull out your inner artist! Simply paint or draw the antlers on, copy mine if you want!
How to Make the 3D Ornaments:
- Paint your round ornament shape with craft paint in the color of your choice and let dry.
- Once dry, add a round mound of hot glue on top to create a 3D ornament shape effect.
- Before the glue dries completely, sprinkle with glitter if you’d like!
They turned out really cool and gave the artwork a lot of dimension!
How to Hand letter Your Baby’s Name
Write out your baby’s name or the words you want to use in pencils first, then trace with marker.
Use a thin line marker for your first outline, then go back over and thicken every down-stroke and Voila, you have just designed a hand-lettered font!
Falling snow overlay to bring your holiday baby photos to life!
More Christmas Themed Posts with Baby:
- 26 Christmas Photoshoot Ideas to do with Baby (Plus A Free Falling Snow Overlay!)
- How to DIY Baby Christmas Pictures at Home: Props, Tips and Examples
- Baby’s First Christmas: Gift Ideas, New Traditions and Magical Memories