This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosures here.
Here’s a pumpkin lactation muffin recipe loaded with all the best lactation aids, such as oat flour, oatmeal and flax! You’ll love this fall inspired lactation recipe any time of the year!
These hearty little muffins were created specifically for breastfeeding moms to help boost milk supply, but anyone can enjoy them for their bountiful nutritional value!
And, if this sweet milk-making treat doesn’t do the trick for you, see this post with 8 more pumpkin lactation recipes!
Does Pumpkin Increase Milk Supply?
Pumpkin for breastfeeding mothers is a good thing! Pumpkin may not be widely known to have this magical ability to increase milk supply, but it does!
Even pumpkin seeds are good for breastfeeding mothers as they contain lots of fiber and iron.
Pumpkin is an unexpected galactagogue. Which is just a really weird way of saying that a food or herb has the ability to aid in more breast milk production.
So mama, here’s all the permission you need to go ahead and have as many pumpkin treats as you wish, no matter the season!
Pumpkin, is thankfully NOT one of the foods to avoid while breastfeeding!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Lactation Muffins
This pumpkin lactation muffins recipe excludes the addition of chocolate chips, but here’s how easy it is to add them!
Simply omit the raisins and/or dates and add in as many chocolate chips as you like!
Yes, this recipe is awesome because it’s like two in one!
In fact, there’s one more name these muffins could have gone by.
They could have also been called pumpkin oatmeal lactation muffins because I included this superior galactagogue as often as I could!
This recipe uses oat flour and oatmeal for a major breast milk boosting advantage!
- 1 C whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 C canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- 1/2 C raisins or chopped dates (optional)
- 1/4 C ground golden flax seeds
- 2 tblsp. brewer's yeast
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a large mixing bowl add add your dry igendeints. The flour, baking powder, salt, pumpking pie spice, baking soda, brewer's yeast and ground flax.
- In a seperate bowl combine your wet ingredients. Oil, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, sugar and egg.
- Mix seperatley, then combine.
- Finally, add the raisins and oats last and stir in to combine.
- Grease your muffin pan or pop in liners and fill to the top.
- Sprinkle raw oats on top of each muffin before going into oven.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.
FREE Lactation Smoothies Ebook
✔︎ 5 unique and highly effective lactation smoothie recipes!
✔︎ Each recipe is curated with proven milk boosting ingredients!
✔︎ Irresistible flavor combinations for every craving!
You will most likely also love these lactation recipes: