This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosures here.
Here you go milky mamas, a breast milk boosting smoothie that has all the flavors of fall!
I created this pumpkin spice lactation smoothie to celebrate all the best things about autumn, pumpkin everything!
I didn’t think us breastfeeding moms should be left out!
What Makes this Pumpkin Smoothie Good for Breastfeeding?
Just because a smoothie has the word lactation in it doesn’t mean it’s necessarily going to increase your milk supply.
Of course being hydrated in general is the BEST thing you can do to help you produce more milk.
In addition to that, there are certain powerful ingredients known as galactagogues you can add into your diet that may give your milk production a kick start.
Have a look at the specific lactogenic ingredients I chose for this pumpkin lactation smoothie recipe.
- Flax Oil
- Almond Milk
- Bone Broth Protein Powder
Why Are these Ingredients Going to Increase My Milk Supply?
That’s a good question!
Let me help answer it by addressing each ingredient used in this delicious pumpkin lactation smoothie and break down why each one works to increase milk supply.
- Oats are a known and powerful breast milk boosting food due to the high iron content.
- Pumpkin is also high in iron, which makes them great for a breastfeeding diet too!
- Flax is another ingredient I always try to incorporate into my lactation smoothie recipes.
However, you should know that there is some debate on whether or not flax is good for a breastfeeding mother to consume, but for me, it has a huge milk boosting benefits!
- Almond milk is another lactation aid I added in to this recipe because It’s delicious and full of nutritional value for a breastfeeding mom, try and have some everyday!
- There’s also a scoop of bone broth vanilla protein powder in this smoothie, which contains nutrients and minerals that strengthen a mother’s body and keep her hydrated.
1/4 c oats
1/4 c Trader Joe’s organic pumpkin puree
1/2 c Trader Joe’s pumpkin almond beverage
2 squirts vanilla stevia extract or sweetener of choice
Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin Spice Lactation Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Lactation Bites Recipe
- 8 Pumpkin Lactation Recipes for Pumping up the Milk!
- 1/4 c oats
- 1/4 c organic pumpkin puree
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 c Trader Joe's pumpkin almond beverage
- 2 tblsp. flax oil
- 1 scoop vanilla bone broth protein powder
- 2 squirts vanilla stevia extract
- Ice optional
- Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on the top
- Blend and drink!
This will wrap up and conclude this delicious pumpkin lactation smoothie recipe you can now easily make at home.
Hopefully you learned more than just how to make it and can take away some knowledge about the specific lactation ingredients used to make this smoothie perfect for boosting milk supply!
✔︎ Pumping schedules
✔︎ Milk supply solutions
✔︎ Pumping signs
...and so much more!